Publications: New options for citation imports
In spring 2017 Digital Measures announced a new addition to its auto-import feature for publications. Joining PubMed is Crossref, a database of more than 80 million intellectual contributions including journals, books and other types of content.
Both database imports - PubMed and Crossref - allow users to search for their respective citations based on various criteria, including name, publication date span, title, DOI and ISSN.
To make use of the feature:
- Log into Digital Measures
- Select Publications
- Click "Import" at the top left hand of the page (It's beside "Add New Item")
- Under "Import from Third Party" select either PubMed or Crossref
- Select criteria
- Click "Search"
- If items exist, they will be displayed with a checkbox at the far right. Clicking this box for all relevant entries, followed by clicking "Continie" at the top right corner, will allow users to add those entries to their Digiteal Measures record
- After clicking "Continue" each citation will appear, allowing the user to verify it is their record
- Clicking "Finish Import" will conclude the process
In the coming months Digital Measures will add two additional databases, Scopus and Web of Science. With more than 60 million records, Scopus comprises a comprehensive overview of research output in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
Web of Science contains more than a billion cited references and counting, including books, journal articles, patents, websites, conference proceedings and Open Access materials.